Bear Valley Bikes XC and Marathon team absolutely dominated the Pro Men’s XC field this year at the KMC chain winter series in Fontana, CA. Stuart Gonzalez, Greg Gibson and Trey Jarno took home a 1, 2, 3 finish in the overall points! Kadi Niinberg also finished top of her category and Team Capain Derek Hermon battled it out in a tough field for 3rd place in Vet Pro. Congratulations to all our racers for a great start to the 2015 Season and also thanks to our sponsors!
- Upgraded Roval Wheels
- Avid Juicy 5 SL, hydraulic disc brakes
- SRAM X-9, 9-speed, long cage rear derailleur
- Epic FSR M5 alloy, fully manipulated frame w/ new larger diameter/stiffer ORE DT/TT, sealed cartridge bearings, 100mm travel
- Fox F100 RL 100mm fork
- Specialized AFR inertia, Brain Fade rear shock
- Well maintained & in excellent condition
Mountain bike trails are some of the best snowshoe trails in the winter. Experience a winter adventure while enjoying amazing views of the valley. There are different trails for different skill levels, meaning anyone can try out snow shoes, with short or long hikes available.
Fatbikes were invented for winter trail riding and racing in sub-arctic Alaska and simultaneously, for touring the deserts of New Mexico. They are very versatile bikes, capable of riding on any terrain which includes: snow, sand, desert, bogs and mud as well as normal mountain biking terrain. In 2014 RockShox unveiled the first commercially available front suspension specifically designed for fatbikes, the RockShox Bluto. Until this point in time the majority of riders have seen the fatbike solely as a specialized bicycle for winter or desert riding that does not hold its own in the more traditional areas of mountain biking. By adding a front suspension to the already plush ride that comes with a large tire at low pressures, the Bluto makes a fatbike even more versatile for general trail riding over rough obstacles that a rigid fork struggles to handle. Come try one at Bear Valley Bikes and get a discount when you rent two so you can bring a friend!
- Premium double-butted A1 aluminum frame offers unsurpassed quality, durability, and lightweight while featuring our race proven geometry for precise handling.
- Specialized A1 alloy fork provides lightwieght and predictiable steering for maximum enjoyment
- Tough, durable three cross Axis Classic wheel with J bend spokes
- Specialized Comp shallow drop alloy bar for serious performance
- Tarmac Comp oversized aluminum bar is stiff and light for serious performance and features Specialized S-Wrap bar tape for tacky grip and superior vibration dampening
- Never miss a critical shift with Shimano 2300 STI shifters
- New Body Geometry Riva Road is the perfect combination of comfort and efficiency