Mountain bike trails are some of the best snowshoe trails in the winter. Experience a winter adventure while enjoying amazing views of the valley. There are different trails for different skill levels, meaning anyone can try out snow shoes, with short or long hikes available.
Fatbikes were invented for winter trail riding and racing in sub-arctic Alaska and simultaneously, for touring the deserts of New Mexico. They are very versatile bikes, capable of riding on any terrain which includes: snow, sand, desert, bogs and mud as well as normal mountain biking terrain. In 2014 RockShox unveiled the first commercially available front suspension specifically designed for fatbikes, the RockShox Bluto. Until this point in time the majority of riders have seen the fatbike solely as a specialized bicycle for winter or desert riding that does not hold its own in the more traditional areas of mountain biking. By adding a front suspension to the already plush ride that comes with a large tire at low pressures, the Bluto makes a fatbike even more versatile for general trail riding over rough obstacles that a rigid fork struggles to handle. Come try one at Bear Valley Bikes and get a discount when you rent two so you can bring a friend!
- Premium double-butted A1 aluminum frame offers unsurpassed quality, durability, and lightweight while featuring our race proven geometry for precise handling.
- Specialized A1 alloy fork provides lightwieght and predictiable steering for maximum enjoyment
- Tough, durable three cross Axis Classic wheel with J bend spokes
- Specialized Comp shallow drop alloy bar for serious performance
- Tarmac Comp oversized aluminum bar is stiff and light for serious performance and features Specialized S-Wrap bar tape for tacky grip and superior vibration dampening
- Never miss a critical shift with Shimano 2300 STI shifters
- New Body Geometry Riva Road is the perfect combination of comfort and efficiency
We have a full fleet of fatbikes for rent, so you can get out and enjoy riding all year long! Take advantage of our two for the price of one fatbike rental and experience riding bikes, whatever the conditions! Mention this online only special to rent two fatbikes for the price of one!
- FACT IS 8m carbon HT frame with 29er geometry is engineered with a tapered head tube, hollow carbon dropouts, PF30 BB and PM 140 rear brake for a stiff, responsive and race-ready design
- RockShox Reba RL 29 fork with 90mm travel, Solo Air spring, w/Lockout and rebound adjust, provides premium XC suspension performance
- Roval 29 rims mated to Specialized Hi Lo hubs, 135mm rear hub spacing, and DT Swiss stainless spokes make a high-quality, lightweight wheel set.
- S-Works Fast Trak 29 2.0″, 2Bliss ready tire feature dual-compound rubber delivering exceptional speed and traction, while minimizing rotating weight
- Custom SRAM S-1250 10-speed XC double crankset with PF30 spindle and alloy arms for smooth, efficient power transfer
- All-new Sip Grip, a lock-on, Aramid infused, half-waffle MTB grip boosts durability, comfort and control
- Custom Magura MTS hydraulic disc brakes provide consistent and reliable stopping power
- SRAM PG-1030, 10-speed 11-36t cassette compliments the 2×10 drivetrain